Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Samuel E. Konkin III Archive Project

Victor Koman writes:

I have a lot of Sam’s papers, notes, calendars, and letters to and from libertarian luminaries such as Murray Rothbard, Bob Kephart, Sharon Presley, Karl Hess, Tibor Machan, Wendy McElroy, Lew Rockwell, James J. Martin, Robert Shea, Robert Anton Wilson, Kerry Thornley, Chris Tame, and many others.

Not counting the back issues of New Libertarian magazines and newsletters I sell via KoPubCo, I have around a dozen file boxes and a couple of filing cabinet drawers filled with SEK3 material.

Sam has been gone 17 years last Tuesday. Rothbard, Hess, Shea, Wilson, Thornley, Martin, Tame, Bill Patterson, John Puglsey, Ken Gregg, Butler Shaffer, Neil Schulman, Brad Linaweaver, and many others of our circle are all gone.

And I’m no spring chicken, either. (At this point, who among us are?)

I’ve created a subdomain on the KoPubCo website called archives.kopubco.com, which already has some of what I have been scanning in on my own over the past year. My goal is to scan in every scrap of Konkinabilia I possess and make all of it (except the most personal) available in The Agorist Archives. What I’ve done this week is to establish a GoFundMe fundraiser to subsidize this effort so that I can work it on a daily basis and (I hope) finish the task in 2021.

The last year has been crazy, and many of us have suffered financially from COVID-related statism, so I’m not asking you to donate (but I’d be very grateful if you found that you had the ability to).

What I’m asking — if you know anyone who might have the means and an interest in Agorism, Counter-Economics, and Liberty — is for you to forward them this email or simply direct them to the GoFundMe link in the next paragraph. Think of the guy who bragged to you about buying Bitcoin ten years ago when they were only a couple of bucks each and is now richer than Crœsus.

If you want to know more, check out the fundraiser at GoFundMe. There’s a video in addition to text and photos explaining this project in depth. GoFundMe allows (and encourages) the person raising funds to enter email addresses into their database to send out the initial announcement and updates.

I haven’t done that with any of your email addresses, out of respect for your privacy. However, if you would like me to add you to the GoFGundMe email address list, reply and let me know that you "opt-in". I believe that donors and the curious can also sign up on the site to receive notifications whenever I post an update.

Donations can also be made through PayPal. and we are working on accepting crypto.

Thank you again for taking the time to read this and for looking at my GoFundMe page. I won’t send out anything further unless you opt in by request or by adding your address on the fundraiser page. My next post on the GoFundMe site will include a list of everything I already have that this fundraiser will not have to pay for!

Yours in liberty,

Victor Koman, PhD
Publisher, KoPubCo
Head (OK, SOLE) Archivist, The Agorist Archives

No comments: